Our UKATA-approved Asbestos Removal New Operative Training is a three full-day course.
Weekday courses commence at 8.30am.
Our UKATA Asbestos Removal New Operative Training courses are delivered at our training centre in Maidstone, Kent.
We can also deliver private training sessions at your preferred location. Please get in touch with our team to find out more.
Due to the practical requirement for this course, we are unable to offer remote learning options.
Who should attend?
No prior experience in asbestos removal is required for our UKATA-approved Asbestos Removal New Operative Training. This is an entry-level qualification that enables candidates to work safely and in full legal compliance within the asbestos removal industry.
Please note that candidates requiring this training should be working for an asbestos licence holder or undertaking ancillary works under the supervision of a licensed asbestos removal contractor.
As an UKATA-approved training centre, we deliver the most up-to-date asbestos removal qualifications. This training course has been designed to ensure that delegates receive the knowledge and skills required to work as an operative in the asbestos removal industry, as stated in the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 (CAR 2012) and Health and Safety Executive (HSE) guidance.
Topics covered during the three-day course include:
- The types, uses and risks of Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMs)
- What tasks are classified as licensable work
- The health hazards of asbestos
- Legislation (CAR 2021)
- The control measures required to undertake licensable work with asbestos-containing materials
- Enclosure, airlock and baglock construction
- Controlled Stripping Techniques
- Understanding the correct use of PPE and RPE
- Use of control measures, specifically injection and vacuum methods
- Cleaning and Clearance Air Testing
- The site set up, maintenance and dismantling of a licensed asbestos removal site
- Plant and equipment
- Transit procedures and decontamination
- Requirements to prevent the spread of asbestos and control exposure when undertaking licensable work with asbestos-containing materials
- Emergency procedures
- Roles, responsibilities, site inspections and record-keeping
- Risk assessments, plans of work, management systems and monitoring
- How to manage and dispose of the waste generated from licensable work with asbestos containing materials.
The New Operative Training Course also includes mandatory practical training, such as enclosure erection and safe decontamination processes.
UKATA Asbestos Removal New Operative assessment, theory and practical.
After successful completion of the UKATA Asbestos Removal New Operative Training, candidates will receive a completion certificate from UKATA and become licensed operatives, permitted to carry out licensable work with asbestos-containing materials.
After receiving their UKATA Asbestos Removal New Operative certificate, candidates will be qualified to carry out licensable work with asbestos-containing materials. For candidates looking to further their career in the asbestos-removal industry, our UKATA New Supervisor and UKATA New Manager qualifications are suitable for licensed operatives.
In order to maintain your qualification and keep up-to-date with safety and best practice protocols, you will need to take a 1-day UKATA Asbestos Operative Refresher course within 12 months of completing this three-day programme, and annually thereafter.
‘The staff were very helpful throughout the course duration’ – Joe