CITB SSSTS Refresher Training Course - Kent
If you have completed the initial two-day CITB Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) course, you must attend a one-day CITB SSSTS Refresher course before your current certificate expires.
This refresher course will help you bring your health and safety knowledge up to date. You will learn about the latest updates in health and safety law and current best practices in the construction industry.
The CITB SSSTS Refresher course is part of the Site Safety Plus Scheme, which provides professionals in the construction industry with the health and safety knowledge they need to maintain a safe workforce.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements or for further course availability.
Weekday courses commence at 8.30am.
Our CITB SSSTS Refresher training courses are delivered at our training centre in Maidstone, Kent. We can also deliver private training sessions at your preferred location. Please get in touch with our team to find out more.
Who should attend?
Delegates who have passed the initial two-day SSSTS course and hold a valid CITB Site Supervisor Safety Training Certificate can take the SSSTS Refresher course to renew their certificate before it expires. If your existing CITB SSSTS certificate has expired, you will have to retake the full course.
Evidence of passing the initial SSSTS course will be required to apply for the Refresher training.
As a fully accredited CITB training provider, our SSSTS Refresher course will be delivered by our expert, in-house instructors and will bring the candidates’ health and safety knowledge up to date. The course will also provide an overview of legislative changes and how they impact the workplace.
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to implement updated health and safety legislation, best practice and provide guidance in their own workplace.
Topics covered include:
- Health and safety law, including the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM).
- Health and safety management systems.
- Risk assessments and method statements (RAMS).
- Statutory inspections and checks.
- Accident prevention and control.
- Leadership and worker engagement.
- Occupational health.
- First Aid and emergency procedures.
- Hazardous substances, asbestos, dust and fumes.
- Noise and vibrations.
- Manual handling.
- Site set-up and security.
- Fire prevention and control.
- Electricity, plant and work equipment.
- Working at height.
- Confined spaces.
- Temporary works.
- Environmental awareness, pollution and waste materials.
At the end of the Refresher course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the latest health and safety legislation, as well as their health and safety responsibilities.
- Supervise health and safety on a construction site, in accordance with the latest regulations.
- Understand responsibility and accountability for site health, safety and welfare.
- Understand the importance of a safe site to run an efficient, economical, productive and environmentally friendly operation.
At the end of the course, delegates will be required to take a multiple-choice exam. Coursework and participation will also be assessed by the Prime Safety Services Limited instructor.
Successful delegates will be awarded a renewable, five-year CITB Site Supervisor Safety Training Refresher certificate.
Upon successful completion of this SSSTS course, and after gaining valuable site experience in a supervisory role, the natural progression would be the five-day Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course. Existing Site Managers, Agents, Surveyors and persons holding positions of managerial control should attend the five-day SMSTS course.
From £185.00 + VAT
Funding available: If your company is a CITB Levy payer and employs less than 99 PAYE employees, you could apply for a CITB Skills & Training fund to cover part or all of your planned training. This grant can be used for all construction related training and qualifications.
‘The course was well presented and well explained’ – Nick
View our term and conditions for our courses.
£185.00 Ex VAT (£222.00 Inc VAT)
|Course||Start Date||End Date||No of Places||Location||Price|
|CITB SSSTS Refresher Training Course||Mon, 19 Feb 2024||Mon, 19 Feb 2024||12 places available||Kingsley Place, ME15 6ES||£185.00|
|CITB SSSTS Refresher Training Course||Tue, 28 May 2024||Tue, 28 May 2024||12 places available||Kingsley Place, ME15 6ES||£185.00|
|CITB SSSTS Refresher Training Course||Thu, 05 Sep 2024||Thu, 05 Sep 2024||12 places available||Kingsley Place, ME15 6ES||£185.00|
|CITB SSSTS Refresher Training Course||Tue, 05 Dec 2023||Tue, 05 Dec 2023||12 places available||Kingsley Place, ME15 6ES||£185.00|