UKATA Asbestos Removal New Supervisor Training – Kent
Our UKATA Licensed Asbestos New Supervisor Training is designed for highly experienced, trained asbestos operatives who wish to take the next step in their careers to become fully qualified, licensed site supervisors.
Candidates will gain a deeper knowledge and expanded skillset, allowing the newly qualified supervisor to take on responsibilities pertaining to licensing and HSE expectations.
Our UKATA Asbestos Removal New Supervisor Training is a three-day course that includes a day of mandatory practical training.
Weekday courses commence at 8.30am.
Our UKATA Asbestos Removal New Supervisor Training courses are delivered at our training centre in Maidstone, Kent.
Due to the practical requirement for this course, we are unable to offer remote learning options.
We can also deliver private training sessions at your preferred location. Please get in touch with our team to find out more.
Who should attend?
Prior experience is required for this course; candidates should be highly experienced, trained asbestos operatives keen to take the next step in their career and qualify to fulfil the licensing and HSE expectations of a supervisor role.
As an UKATA-approved training centre, we deliver the most up-to-date asbestos removal qualifications, covering the requirements of Regulation 10 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 (CAR 2012) and following the UKATA syllabus.
As a supervisor, in addition to your own training, you will be expected to review the job role of an asbestos removal operative in order to supervise effectively.
Topics covered during the three-day course therefore include:
- The types, uses and risks of Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMs)
- What tasks are classified as licensable work
- The health hazards of asbestos
- Legislation (CAR 2021)
- The control measures required to undertake licensable work with asbestos-containing materials
- Enclosure, airlock and baglock construction
- Controlled Stripping Techniques
- Understanding the correct use of PPE and RPE
- Use of control measures, specifically injection and vacuum methods
- Cleaning and Clearance Air Testing
- The site set up, maintenance and dismantling of a licensed asbestos removal site
- Plant and equipment
- Transit procedures and decontamination
- Requirements to prevent the spread of asbestos and control exposure when undertaking licensable work with asbestos-containing materials
- Emergency procedures
- Roles, responsibilities, site inspections and record-keeping
- Risk assessments, plans of work, management systems and monitoring
- How to manage and dispose of the waste generated from licensable work with asbestos containing materials.
- Essential skills necessary to progress from an operative role to supervisor, including managing and fulfilling licensing and HSE expectations.
UKATA Asbestos Removal Supervisor assessment, theory and practical.
After successful completion of their training, delegates will receive a completion certificate and become licensed supervisors, permitted to perform and supervise licensable work with asbestos-containing materials.
After receiving their UKATA Asbestos Removal Supervisor certificate, candidates will be qualified to carry out and supervise licensable work with asbestos-containing materials. For candidates looking to further their career in the asbestos-removal industry, our UKATA New Manager qualification is suitable for licensed supervisors.
In order to maintain your qualification and keep up-to-date with safety and best practice protocols, you will need to take a one-day UKATA Asbestos Supervisor Refresher course within 12 months of completing this three-day programme, and annually thereafter.
From £400.00 + VAT.
View our term and conditions for our courses.
£400.00 Ex VAT (£480.00 Inc VAT)
3 days – 6 hours per day
Valid for 1 year
|Course||Start Date||End Date||No of Places||Location||Price|
|UKATA Licensed Asbestos New Supervisor Training||Mon, 11 Dec 2023||Wed, 13 Dec 2023||12 places available||Kingsley Place, ME15 6ES||£400.00|